Thursday, June 9, 2011

A crocodile, Yasaar Arafat, and a horse walk into a bar...

But actually, a crocodile, Yasaar Arafat, and a horse walk into a bar... Last night after a whirlwind of orientation Alley, Teel and I went to a pub near our flat, and as we were chatting and enjoying each others company, in comes a group of hoolagans! They were dressed up as everything from football players, to african dancers, to a horse, and it was quite a sight to see. Maybe they got confused, but haloween was a long time ago.

Anyway, I've had quite a busy couple of days, but today was very exciting. I began the day with a stroll in Regents Park, literally in my backyard! It is one of the royal parks, and is absolutely beautiful. We went on a tour of London and saw a lot of the major sights from Big Ben (which is actually a bell inside the Clock Tower), Westminster Abbey (coloqueolly known as 'The Church Kate and Will got married in'), the Tower of London, and more. Though touristy, it was nice to see the city and I look forward to exploring more.

I also had my interview today at the Dental Office I'll be working in. I'm very excited because I'll get to see patients form both the National Health System, as well as the Private sector. I'll be working in 2 locations, Hammersmith (where I went today) an the City of London. I anticipate to be doing a lot of shadowing, and perhaps some administrative work as well. It should be very interesting particularly in comparison to American dental care.

The Flatmates and I

Tower Bridge

The Tower of London

Big Ben

Westminster Abbey
Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. British hooligans are the best.
    you're pictures are lovely, and your internship placements sounds perfect! Andrea will become like your second mother, wait and see. <3

    ReplyDelete