Saturday, June 11, 2011

May or may not have met the designer of Longchamp

Paula arrived yesterday and despite some bad weather, we had a great first day. We began by attempting to go to the London eye, for Paula a true tourist experience. Unfortunately as soon as we exited the tube, it was pouring rain. We immediately went back to the tube, for some alternative, and indoor, plans. We went shopping on Oxford street, where I made an excellent purchase for Harrison, who will have to wait an see what his surprise is. Then, Paula and I found a lovely tea shop for afternoon tea. We had a delicious peppermint tea accompanied by a tray of sweets. After our sugar overload Paula and I headed over to the British Museum where we saw the Rosetta stone, a very interesting exhibit on the amount of medication the average British man and woman take in their lifetime, and more. Unfortuantely we were both exhausted and headed home for a late afternoon nap.

We had dinner at an Japanese Vietnamese fusion restaurant which was delicious, and quite trendy, but after was when the real fun began. We popped into a pub to relax after a long day, and I ended up sitting next to a middle aged man, not because I was remotely attracted to him, but rather because it was the only open seat in the house. I am used to being hit on by men such as construction workers, the elderly, and the homeless, but tonight this class of men expanded to include designers! This rather pushy man began chatting with, well rather at, me, and immediately glanced at my bag. Being the New Yorker that I am, I clutched it (with great force), as he began pulling and prodding at my bag, asking if it were a longchamp, as he pointed out specific attributes of the purse. He then claimed that he was a designer and began throwing out names of new designs, perhaps trying to impress me. Again, not trusting this man as far as I could throw him, I replied by asking why I should believe that this is in fact his profession. He continued to try and convince me, and invade my privacy, and I politely ignored him and went on to converse with my friends. Perhaps I missed out on a true gem in this city, but for now I don't think I'm missing out on too much.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment